Zeno Publishes Second Annual ESG Report: “Toward Something Better”
Over the last year since publishing our inaugural environmental, social and governance (ESG) report, Zeno has been focused on integrating ESG throughout the organisation – in the decisions we make, how we nurture and advance talent and the work we do for our clients who trust us with their business.
In fiscal year 2023, we helped clients navigate challenging, economic, political and societal conditions while remaining steadfast in our belief that communication has the power to create real business and societal impact. This belief is embedded in our company's purpose – champion the courageous to achieve something better for humankind.
Below are a few key highlights from the past fiscal year:
- Conducted a comprehensive greenhouse gas assessment, including material scope 3 to lay the foundation for our decarbonization strategy and future net zero goal
- Developed an environmental policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Invested $2 million into our communities through pro-bono and volunteer efforts
- Supported ten organizations across 14 cities and contributed 1,861 volunteer hours as part of our Global Day of Service
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Continued championing Agency Allyship through our partnership with EGAMI Group
- Launched our three-year DEI strategy and created two new ERGs: Healthy Minds and UK Pride
- Coordinated our first Global Day of Learning, which included 80 Zeno teachers from across the agency and nine hours of learning on 10 timely topics
- Achieved positive employee engagement survey results, with 91% of employees saying they believe their managers genuinely care about their wellbeing (up three percent from FY22)
While our global sustainability achievements are reflected in this ESG report, Zeno London continues to make great green strides with our own sustainability programme. Every year for the past three years we’ve embarked on a mission to hit specific, measurable sustainability targets. Last year was 23 commitments for 2023, this year it’s 24 for 24 (see what we did there…)
Our sustainability roadmap is aligned to specific goals agreed with our partner consultants, The Sustainability Group. Their platform, Future-Plus, keeps us honest by scoring us against a United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG) measurement framework. From a clothes swap day (Zeno Vinted) to our monthly community meals programme (Zeno Eats) – we’re already well underway with exciting initiatives that put the ‘green’ in Zeno London.